The Cleveland Cavaliers have released their 2019-20 promotional schedule and fans of all ages can look forward to a season filled with special giveaways, and exciting theme nights highlighted by the Cavs 50th Season Celebration.
The celebration begins on Opening Night Driven by Goodyear when the Cavs suit up in the retro black, blue and orange Classic Edition uniforms to take on the Indiana Pacers on Saturday, October 26th at 8:00 p.m. All fans attending the season home opener at the newly transformed Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse will receive an Opening Night Cavs t-shirt presented by Cleveland Clinic.
50th SEASON ERA NIGHTS:
The centerpiece of the Cavs 50th Season Celebration will be “Era Nights,” themed home games dedicated to honoring five periods of Cavaliers basketball beginning in 1970 when the Cavs joined the NBA as an expansion team. Each Era Night will feature unique content, activities and more, all to pay homage to the rich history and journey of the Cavaliers franchise.
In addition, each era will include a commemorative fan-voted bobblehead giveaway of a Cavaliers legend who represented the team on or off the court during that specific time in history.
The Early Years (1970-1983) presented by Medical Mutual
- Wednesday, November 27 vs. ORL – Nick Mileti Cavalier Hat Giveaway
- Tuesday, December 3 vs. DET – Austin Carr Bobblehead Giveaway
- Friday, December 6 vs. ORL – Early Years Era Night
Richfield Coliseum Era (1983-1993) powered by FirstEnergy
- Saturday, January 4 vs. OKC – Mark Price Bobblehead Giveaway
- Sunday, January 5 vs. MIN – Richfield Coliseum Era Night
- Tuesday, January 7 vs. DET – Cavs Puzzle Cube Giveaway
Gund Arena Era (1994-2003)
- Saturday, November 23 vs. POR – Fanny Pack Giveaway presented by Mtn. Dew
- Monday, November 25 vs. BKN – Sword 50th Season Magazine
- Wednesday, December 11 vs. HOU – Gund Arena Era Night
- Friday, December 20 vs. MEM – Whammer Bobblehead Giveaway presented by Discount Drug Mart
- Tuesday, January 28 vs. NOP – Retro 5-Panel Hat Giveaway powered by FirstEnergy
- Saturday, February 29 vs. IND – Zydrunas Ilgauskas Bobblehead Giveaway
- Saturday, April 11 vs. MIL – Gund Arena Era Night
New Wine & Gold Era (2003-2010)
- Monday, March 2 vs. UTA – Joe Tait Talking Microphone Giveaway
- Wednesday, March 4 vs. BOS – Fan-Voted Bobblehead Giveaway*
- Saturday, March 7 vs. DEN – New Wine & Gold Era Night
Championship Era and Beyond (2011-Present)
- Thursday, March 26 vs. LAL – Championship Era and Beyond Era Night
- Monday, March 30 vs. PHX – Fan-Voted Bobblehead Giveaway*
* Fans still have the opportunity to vote on who they want to see as the New Wine & Gold Era bobblehead and the Championship Era and Beyond bobblehead. Follow @Cavs on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook to be notified on when voting for each bobblehead begins.
In addition to the 50th season Era Nights, the Cavs 2019-20 season will feature even more exclusive giveaways and fan-favorite theme nights:
Wall of Honor Night
On Sunday, November 17th at 3:00 p.m. vs. Philadelphia 76ers, all fans in attendance will receive a retro 3D photo viewer featuring timeless images of the inaugural class of the Cavaliers Wall of Honor. The new Wall of Honor, located in North Atrium area of Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, will serve as a special tribute to former members of the Cavaliers franchise who have played a distinguished, pivotal role in Cavaliers history.
Postgame Fan Free Throws
Cavs fans have the opportunity to step up to the line and shoot a free throw after these select games throughout the season:
- Saturday, October 26 vs. IND
- Sunday, November 17 vs. PHI
- Friday, December 20 vs. MEM
- Monday, January 20 vs. NYK
- Saturday, February 29 vs. IND
- Saturday, March 7 vs. DEN
- Saturday, April 11 vs. MIL
Toy Drive driven by Lexus & Harvest for Hunger Food Drive presented by TrustedSec
The Cavs will continue to support community needs by donating toys and food, and encouraging their fans to join them at select games throughout the season. The annual Toy Drive driven by Lexus will take place over the course of six games between Saturday, November 23rd vs. Portland Trailblazers and Friday, December 6th vs. Orlando Magic.
In the spring, the Harvest for Hunger Food Drive presented by TrustedSec will take place on Tuesday, March 24th vs. Sacramento Kings and Thursday, March 26th vs. Los Angeles Lakers.
The Cavaliers organization will match all fan donations to each of these important community benefit drives.
Black Heritage Celebration (BHC) presented by Crown Royal Regal Apple
The Cleveland Cavaliers 16th Annual Black Heritage Celebration (BHC) presented by Crown Royal Regal Apple will tip off on Martin Luther King Jr. Day – Monday, January 20th when the Cavs take on the New York Knicks. This game will begin a six-week long celebration featuring BHC theme nights on Saturday, February 1st vs. Golden State Warriors, Wednesday, February 12th vs. Atlanta Hawks and Wednesday, February 26th vs. Philadelphia 76ers.
Fit as a Pro Games presented by Medical Mutual and in association with Giant Eagle
Every year the Cleveland Cavaliers reach thousands of students across Northeast Ohio through the team’s “Fit as a Pro” program, presented by Medical Mutual and in association with Giant Eagle, encouraging kids to live a healthy lifestyle. Cavs fans of all ages will be able to benefit from the well-being initiative when the Cavs host Fit as a Pro Games on both Thursday, January 23rd vs. Washington Wizards and Saturday, January 25th vs. Chicago Bulls as part of the annual NBA Fit Week.
Fan Appreciation Night presented by Discount Drug Mart
A fan-favorite tradition, the 18th Annual Fan Appreciation Night presented by Discount Drug Mart concludes the regular season on Monday, April 13th when the Cavs host the Brooklyn Nets at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse. During this signature Celebration the Cavs will thank the best fans in the NBA for their season-long support by giving away over $1 MILLION in prizes!
The Cavaliers 2019-20 season also includes these exclusive giveaways:
- Wednesday, October 30 vs. CHI – Cavs Schedule Magnet
- Thursday, January 2 vs. CHA – Cavs Reusable Shopping Tote presented by Republic Services
- Thursday, March 26 vs. LAL – Cavs Trading Cards presented by Panini
In addition to the 50th Season Celebration Era Nights, fans can look forward to these fun-filled theme nights during the upcoming season:
- Wednesday, October 30 vs. CHI – Breast Cancer Awareness Night presented by Cleveland Clinic & Susan G. Komen Northeast Ohio
- Tuesday, November 5 vs. BOS – Cavs Salute to Service presented by Ohio CAT
- Sunday, November 17 vs. PHI – Wall of Honor Night
- Friday, December 20 vs. MEM – Mascot Night
- Monday, December 23 vs. ATL – Holiday Game
- Thursday, January 2 vs. CHA – Recycling Night presented by Republic Services
- Thursday, January 23 vs. WAS – EveryFAN Night presented by Speedway
- Saturday, January 25 vs. CHI – Chinese New Year
- Thursday, January 30 vs. TOR – Pride Night
- Sunday, February 9 vs. LAC – Youth Night
- Saturday, March 7 vs. DEN – Colorectal Cancer Awareness Night presented by Fight Colorectal Cancer & Cleveland Clinic
- Sunday, March 8 vs. vs. SAS – International Women’s Day
- Tuesday, March 24 vs. SAC – Noche Latina
- Saturday, April 11 vs. MIL – Autism Awareness Night presented by Cleveland Clinic Children’s & KultureCity
Cavs fans can view the entire 50th season promotional schedule by visiting Cavs.com/Promos. Great seats to any of the 41 regular season home games at the newly-transformed Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse are on sale now at Cavs.com/Tickets.
CAVS CLASSIC EDITION JERSEYS AVAILABLE FOR PRESALE NOW
The Cavs will wear the recently announced 2019-20 Classic Edition uniforms for 15 games throughout the 50th season. Fans can pre-order their Classic Edition jerseys (with the Goodyear Wingfoot patch) NOW at Cavs.com/Shop.
A limited-edition 90s jersey & lunchbox kit will be also be available for presale. The kit will include a Classic Edition jersey (player or customized) packaged in a retro lunchbox with pennant, socks and a Whammer pin. Fans can go to Cavs.com/Shop to pre-order the exclusive set.
SINGLE GAME TICKET INFO & PROMOTIONS
Cavs fans can purchase single game tickets for all home preseason games and the entire 41 regular season 2019-20 home games schedule NOW at Cavs.com/Tickets or at any one of Discount Drug Mart’s 60 northern Ohio locations.
Fans can also take advantage of two special ticket promotions:
Family Fun Pack – Make it a family night out at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse on Saturday and Sunday home Cavs games! The Family Fun Pack includes four (4) tickets and four (4) fan meals (Sugardale Hotdog, small Pepsi and bag of chips). Starting at just $13 per ticket, fans will score savings of over 40% off of regular ticket prices. Available in Loudville or lower level seating, while supplies last.
Buds Night Out presented by Budweiser – Back by popular demand, fans can enjoy any regular season Monday and Wednesday game this season with their “favorite bud” by taking advantage of the Buds Night Out ticket deal which includes two (2) Loudville tickets and two (2) Budweiser beers for only $50, while supplies last.
For more information on 2019-20 ticket promotions visit Cavs.com/Offers.
NOTE: All promotional schedule giveaways and theme nights are subject to change.