Phoenix @ New York
Current Records: Phoenix 16-24; New York 11-30
What to Know
The New York Knicks may be playing at home on Thursday, but the experts are forecasting a 3.5-point defeat. They will take on the Phoenix Suns at 7:30 p.m. ET at Madison Square Garden. Given that these two teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this contest.
New York was expected to have a tough go of it on Tuesday, and that’s exactly how things played out. The over/under? 230. So nice work, oddsmakers; you hit the bull’s eye here.
Meanwhile, Phoenix received a tough blow on Tuesday as they fell 123-110 to the Atlanta Hawks. SF Kelly Oubre Jr. had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with 11 points on 4-for-16 shooting in his 37 minutes on the court.
The Knicks are now 11-30 while the Suns sit at 16-24. A pair of numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: New York is second worst in the league in fouls per game, with 22.7 on average. To make matters even worse for New York, Phoenix enters the game with 23.3 fouls drawn per game on average, good for second best in the league. So the New York squad has its work cut out for it.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Madison Square Garden — New York, New York
- TV: Fox Sports – Arizona
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $41.38
The Suns are a 3.5-point favorite against the Knicks, according to the latest NBA odds.
Vegas was right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 3.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Phoenix have won five out of their last nine games against New York.
- Jan 03, 2020 – Phoenix 120 vs. New York 112
- Mar 06, 2019 – Phoenix 107 vs. New York 96
- Dec 17, 2018 – Phoenix 128 vs. New York 110
- Jan 26, 2018 – New York 107 vs. Phoenix 85
- Nov 03, 2017 – New York 120 vs. Phoenix 107
- Jan 21, 2017 – Phoenix 107 vs. New York 105
- Dec 13, 2016 – Phoenix 113 vs. New York 111
- Mar 09, 2016 – New York 128 vs. Phoenix 97
- Jan 29, 2016 – New York 102 vs. Phoenix 84